This method allows you to program the remote control without the use of codes. Instead, the remote control automatically finds the correct command that you select in a variety of codes until you find the code that operates your device. You then lock in the correct code as described below.
Programming your electronic devices using the [Ch +] or [Ch -] buttons (“Power” function during programming)…
1. Turn on all the electronic devices (TV, VCR, DVD, AUDIO) you want to program the remote to operate.
2. Press [OK], then [MUTE] together until the power/mode buttons illuminate in slow-rotation.
3. Press and hold the [CH +] button until one device turns off. While you are pressing the [CH +] button, the power/mode buttons will illuminate in fast-rotation. As soon as one device turns off, release the [CH +] button.
4. Press [MUTE]. If the device that turned off…
- Turns back on, press [OK] to lock in this code. The power / mode buttons will blink 3-times and go out
- Does not turn back on, press [CH -] one step at a time until that device turns back on. Each time you press the [CH -] button, the power/mode buttons will illuminate once in reverse fast-rotation. Once you have found a code that turns the device on/off, press [OK] to lock in this code. The power / mode buttons will blink 3-times and go out.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 above for each of the remaining electronic devices you wish to program the remote to operate.